Becker Tournament 2019/2020
Dear Potential Participants,
TanenbaumCHAT is pleased to announce our International Israel Becker Memorial Basketball Tournament. The Tournament is our commitment to the global Jewish Community and is a tribute to the memory of Israel Becker. Israel was a CHAT graduate who played CHAT Varsity basketball and inspired many years of CHAT Alumni and Basketball tournaments.
The tournament will be held from Sunday November 10th through Wednesday November 13, 2019. We are very excited to continue the tradition of welcoming schools from Israel, United States and Canada to play, build community and enjoy our time together.
The tournament will be for Varsity boys and Varsity girls. All the teams are guaranteed a minimum of 5 games. Orientation will begin at TanenbaumCHAT Sunday, November 10th at 2:00 PM and the closing ceremonies will end on Wednesday, November 13th no later than 2:00 PM.
To confirm your desire to participate, please complete the online registration form and submit payment online through PayPal or send in a cheque for $518 per team entered in the tournament. Cheques should be made payable to TanenbaumCHAT. Registration will be capped at 6 Girls and 6 Boys teams. Registration is on a first come first served basis and priority will be given to schools who will be sending a boys and a girls team. Teams that withdraw after May 1, 2019 forfeit their deadline deposit.
1. The cost per participant (athlete, coaches, and advisors etc.) is $250. Our tournament includes all meals, trophies, and swag.
2. Your staff is responsible for the behavior and participation of team members throughout the tournament.
3. Host families within the community will provide housing for students and participants. Should staff prefer a hotel, we will provide hotel recommendations nearby.
4. The schedule will include a tournament orientation upon arrival.
5. It is the responsibility of each Coach to bring copies of athletes' medical release forms in case of emergency and to have this information with them at all times.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our tournament organizers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aubrey Zimmerman, Adam Chaim and Zoe Shuman
Becker Tournament Organizing Committee