Affordability, Tuition & Fees
TanenbaumCHAT and UJA Federation of Greater Toronto are excited to announce a total of $15 million in gifts – from two exceptionally generous donors – that will help ensure the affordability of TanenbaumCHAT and enhance the future of Jewish education in the GTA for the next generation.
The donations, comprised of a $10 million Jesin-Neuberger Foundation gift; and a $5 million gift from an anonymous family (of which $1 million has been earmarked to strengthen Jewish education in York Region); together with additional fundraising, will result in a dramatic reduction in tuition from nearly $28,000 to $18,500 beginning in the 2017-18 school year and will maintain tuition under $19,000 for each of the next four years. This tuition reduction plan is an audacious step forward in realizing UJA’s strategic plan for Jewish day school affordability, and is a joint initiative of TanenbaumCHAT and UJA Federation of Greater Toronto.
Tuition & Other Fees:
- Tuition for the 2020-2021 school year is $18,999.
- Please do not allow financial circumstances to prevent you from applying to our school.
- A portion of the tuition fee may be eligible for a Canadian charitable tax receipt..
- We are a community school and we welcome families from a wide spectrum of economic backgrounds. The Tuition Assistance program, substantially supported by the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, is completely confidential. The program is administered within the UJA Federation guidelines.
- When determining fair subsidies, we take into account a family’s total financial profile and, where applicable, tuition assistance history from other Jewish day schools. If a family needs tuition assistance at more than one school, a shared “Family Tuition Fee” is determined. Parents can apply online for Tuition Assistance once their child is accepted and an Offer of Acceptance is returned.
- For further information regarding tuition assistance, please contact Angela Buslovich at 416-636-5984 ext. 234.
- Families may be eligible for assistance for many costs in addition to tuition. No student should be prevented from participating in any school activity for financial reasons.
- Mandatory charges for materials and activities that are part of the curriculum may add up to $500 (in Grade 9). Textbooks – new or used – typically cost $300-$700 annually. Other charges depend on course and extracurricular choices.
- TanenbaumCHAT offers a school bus option. For families living North of Finch Avenue, contact Zoe Shuman for details at 416-636-5984 ext. 225. For families living South of Sheppard Avenue, contact Riva Zagov at 416-636-5984 ext. 288.
Students registered at TanenbaumCHAT who decide to withdraw their application for any reason are subject to the following non-refundable charges, effective according to the date that notice of withdrawal in writing is received by the school. Please note that late fees, if incurred, are non-refundable charges.
|Date of Withdrawal||Non-Refundable Charges|
|After submission of application and prior to Offer of Acceptance||Application fee of $250|
|After the expiry of the Offer of Acceptance letter||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750|
|Once TanenbaumCHAT is in receipt of the signed Offer of Acceptance letter up until July 14th.||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000|
|From July 15th to August 31st||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000. Plus two months tuition fees in full and course and materials fee|
|After September 1st||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000 and course and materials fee. Plus two months tuition fees in full plus course and materials fee, plus $1900 per month or part thereof in attendance|