Affordability, Tuition & Fees
In 2017, TanenbaumCHAT was the recipient of a combined $14-million through gifts from the Jesin-Neuberger Foundation and the Granovsky family, facilitated by UJA Federation of Greater Toronto. Along with energetic fundraising for the TanenbaumCHAT Annual Fund, we were able to respond to the challenge of rising tuition. Thanks to this philanthropy, beginning in the 2017-18 school year, a dramatically reduced level of tuition – below $19,000 annually – was secured for a five-year duration (2017-18 to 2021-22).
Greater financial accessibility is considered a priority by TanenbaumCHAT and UJA. To that end, the school has introduced a new initiative, the TanenbaumCHAT Tuition Accessibility Program (TTAP), which will take effect in the 2022-23 school year.
Please click here for more information about TTAP.
Tuition & Other Fees:
- Tuition for the 2021-22 school year is $18,999.
- Please do not allow financial circumstances to prevent you from applying to our school.
- A portion of the tuition fee may be eligible for a Canadian charitable tax receipt.
- We are a community school and we welcome families from a wide spectrum of economic backgrounds. In addition to our current lower tuition and the upcoming launch of TTAP (see above), UJA also provides substantial support to families who qualify. The process is confidential and administered within UJA Federation guidelines.
- When determining fair subsidies, we take into account a family’s total financial profile and, where applicable, tuition assistance history from other Jewish day schools. If a family needs tuition assistance at more than one school, a shared “Family Tuition Fee” is determined. Parents can apply online for Tuition Assistance once their child is accepted and an Offer of Acceptance is returned.
- For further information regarding tuition assistance, please contact Angela Buslovich at 416-636-5984 ext. 234.
- Families may be eligible for assistance for many costs in addition to tuition. No student should be prevented from participating in any school activity for financial reasons.
- Mandatory charges for materials and activities that are part of the curriculum may add up to $500 (in Grade 9). Textbooks – new or used – typically cost $300-$700 annually. Other charges depend on course and extracurricular choices.
- TanenbaumCHAT offers a school bus option. For families living North of Finch Avenue, contact Zoe Shuman for details at 416-636-5984 ext. 225. For families living South of Sheppard Avenue, contact Riva Zagov at 416-636-5984 ext. 288.
Students registered at TanenbaumCHAT who decide to withdraw their application for any reason are subject to the following non-refundable charges, effective according to the date that notice of withdrawal in writing is received by the school. Please note that late fees, if incurred, are non-refundable charges.
|Date of Withdrawal||Non-Refundable Charges|
|After submission of application and prior to Offer of Acceptance||Application fee of $250|
|After the expiry of the Offer of Acceptance letter||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750|
|Once TanenbaumCHAT is in receipt of the signed Offer of Acceptance letter up until July 14th.||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000|
|From July 15th to August 31st||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000. Plus two months tuition fees in full and course and materials fee|
|After September 1st||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000 and course and materials fee. Plus two months tuition fees in full plus course and materials fee, plus $1900 per month or part thereof in attendance|