Applying to TanenbaumCHAT
Applications received after the December 1st 2018 deadline will not be considered in the first round of Offers of Acceptance. Late fees will apply and we cannot guarantee that space will still be available.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office: email@example.com.
Required Documents The school is open to all students of the Jewish Community who meet its entrance requirements
In order to enable you to quickly scan your documents and attach multiple pages as JPEG or PDF formats, you may want to download the free phone / smart device app Genius Scan.
In order to properly assess every student application, various documentation must be uploaded with your application:
- A recent passport-sized photo (jpg or pdf format)
- A copy of the student’s final Grade 7 report card
- If a Grade 8 report card is not yet available, please submit a copy of the student’s Grade 8 progress report. When the Grade 8 report card is available, please send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a student has ever attended a Jewish Day school, last report card from that school
- Proof of student’s Canadian citizenship (copy of birth certificate, passport or visa)
- Immunization Record
- Child custody documentation, where applicable
- Other medical or educational documentation
- Where applicable, a current (not more than three years old) Psycho-Educational Assessment or other formal assessments must be uploaded with the application. Failure to disclose this may result in your child being placed in an unsuitable program or in the school being unable to exercise its duty of care for your child.
- Please do not allow financial circumstances to prevent you from applying to our school.
- With your online application, a non-refundable application fee of $250 is required. Application Fees cannot be credited towards any school tuition fees or charges.
- Applications submitted after December 1st will incur a $500 late fee.
- With your online application, a tuition deposit of $750 is required. If you have questions about the tuition deposit, please contact the Tuition Office at 416-636-5984 x 234. This fee is applied towards tuition.
- A confirmation deposit of $1000 is required when you return your Offer of Acceptance. This fee is applied towards tuition. Please see withdrawal penalties below.
- A portion of the tuition fee may be eligible for a Canadian charitable tax receipt..
Students registered at TanenbaumCHAT who decide to withdraw their application for any reason are subject to the following non-refundable charges, effective according to the date that notice of withdrawal in writing is received by the school. Please note that late fees, if incurred, are non-refundable charges.
|Date of Withdrawal||Non-Refundable Charges|
|After submission of application and prior to Offer of Acceptance||Application fee of $250|
|After the expiry of the Offer of Acceptance letter||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750|
|Once TanenbaumCHAT is in receipt of the signed Offer of Acceptance letter up until July 14th.||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000|
|From July 15th to September 30th||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000. Plus September and October fees in full ($3550), plus course and materials fee|
|After September 30th||Application fee of $250 and Tuition deposit of $750 and Confirmation deposit of $1000. Plus September and October fees in full ($3550), plus course and materials fee, plus $1775 per month or part thereof in attendance|