TanenbaumCHAT is a coeducational community Jewish high school. We offer an exciting and extensive educational experience, inside the classroom and beyond. Rigorous General and Jewish Studies
curricula prepare students to attend the finest post-secondary institutions, to succeed in their chosen paths, and to become caring and contributing members of their communities.
TanenbaumCHAT is seeking an Advancement Administrator and Database Manager to join our Advancement Department. The Administrator is a key position in the team and is
responsible for the database and financial management of fundraising initiatives, and for creating all financial reports and reconciling them with the school’s Finance Department. This
position reports to the Director of Advancement.
- Managing the entire gift and receipting process in accordance with CRA guidelines, assisting with annual budget planning, and tracking and analyzing giving trends and responses.
- Coordinating donor stewardship programme and managing all donor meetings, acknowledgement and recognition, as well as communications with past and current parents, alumni and donors to
strengthen their engagement with TanenbaumCHAT and encourage their continued support.
- Supporting all fundraising committees through administrative support, scheduling and attending meetings, and taking minutes.
- Coordinating events, including managing invitations, producing reports, and tracking revenue and expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge NXT or Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency with Google docs and advanced skills using spreadsheets
- Extensive experience in fundraising system administration, reports, data analysis and research in a not-for-profit environment
- 3 to 5 years previous database administration experience
- Strong knowledge of CRA tax receipting guidelines
- Working understanding of privacy legislation and legal requirements as they relate to donor records management
- Superior attention to detail and excellent planning, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to exercise tact and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and maintain working relationships with a diverse group of employees, parents, donors and volunteers
- Excellent problem-solving abilities combined with high level of professionalism
- Personable, relates well to external stakeholders and is a positive, contributing team member
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- An understanding of independent-school culture
- Knowledge of Hebrew
- Knowledge of Toronto’s Jewish community
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Pension plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Time off for Jewish festivals, and early closure on Shabbat
- Opportunities to perform challenging work in a dynamic and collaborative culture
- The successful candidate will work from the TanenbaumCHAT Advancement Office, currently at 15 Hove Street.
TanenbaumCHAT Jewish Family and Child Service is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Interested applicants are asked to forward a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com with “Advancement
Administrator & Database Manager” in the subject line. We thank all those who apply for this position, however only those selected for an interview will be
200 Wilmington Avenue, Toronto, ON M3H 5J8