The Israel Becker Basketball Tournament
The Israel Becker TanenbaumCHAT Basketball Tournament is back for 2019!
Sunday, January 20th, 2019 - Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019
Dear Potential Participants,
TanenbaumCHAT is pleased to announce the relaunch of our International Israel Becker Memorial Basketball Tournament. The Tournament is our commitment to the Jewish Community in North America, and is a tribute to the memory of Israel Becker. Israel was a CHAT graduate who played CHAT Varsity basketball and inspired many years of CHAT Alumni and Basketball tournaments.
The tournament will be held from Sunday, January 20th through Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019. We are very excited for the return of a competitive tournament to our school and look forward to welcoming schools from across the continent to play, build community and enjoy our time together.
The tournament will be for Varsity boys and Varsity girls. All teams are guaranteed a minimum of 5 games.
Orientation will begin at TanenbaumCHAT Sunday, January 20th at 2:00 PM and the closing ceremonies will end on Wednesday, January 23rd no later than 2:00 pm.
To confirm your desire to participate, please complete the online registration form below and submit a registration e-transfer or check for $300 per team entered in the tournament. Checks should be made payable to TanenbaumCHAT.
Registration will be capped at 6 Girls and 6 Boys teams. Registration is on a first come first served basis and priority will be given to schools who will be sending a boys and a girls team.
1. The cost per participant (athlete, coaches, and advisors etc.) is $250. Our tournament includes all meals, trophies, and swag.
2. Your staff is responsible for the behaviour and participation of team members throughout the tournament.
3. Host families within the community will provide housing for students and participants. Should staff prefer a hotel, we will provide hotel recommendations nearby.
4. The schedule will include a tournament orientation upon arrival.
5. It is the responsibility of each Coach to bring copies of athletes’ medical release forms in case of emergency and to have this information with them at all times.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our tournament organizers via email email@example.com
Eitan Mammon, Aubrey Zimmerman, Joshua Sugar
Becker Tournament Organizing Committee
Please complete the form below and submit payment for $300 per team. This is only a team registration fee. Per player fees of $250 funds will be collected December 1, 2018.
Cheques can be mailed to:
TanenbaumCHAT Attn. Rhona Birenbaum
200 Wilmington Ave.
For Canadian Schools - please click here
For American Schools - please click here
Varsity Boys Basketball
Varsity Girls Basketball
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.