TanenbaumCHAT seeks a creative and energetic person to promote engagement and increase philanthropy among the school’s alumni.
TanenbaumCHAT is a coeducational community Jewish high school that offers an exciting and extensive educational experience, inside the classroom and beyond. Rigorous General and Jewish Studies curricula prepare students to attend the finest post-secondary institutions, to succeed in their chosen paths, and to become caring and contributing members of their communities.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Senior Alumni Relations Officer will be responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni, providing tangible benefits to the alumni as well as enriching the experience of current students. Our ever-growing alumni body currently numbers more than 8,000. Our graduates make valued and important contributions to the life of the school, and are central and active participants in all aspects of Jewish community life in Toronto, and across the globe.
Our areas for strategic growth:
- Development of a formal structure for a vibrant Alumni Association
- Continued expansion of the Power of Alumni fundraising campaign
- Building and growing a pipeline of alumni donors
- Outreach and event planning to encourage class reunions and other networking opportunities
Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of alumni donors and prospects; solicit their annual gifts and oversee their stewardship
- Design and implement new programs to increase alumni-volunteer participation and alumni engagement
- Create, and/or contribute to, publications for alumni including: the Chatter magazine, the Alumni Connect digital newsletter, e-blasts and webpage updates
- Track and update alumni accomplishments, lifecycle events, and contact information
- Support faculty by contributing alumni participation to school programming
- Introduce graduating TanenbaumCHAT students to TanenbaumCHAT’s Alumni Association
- Experience in alumni relations and external affairs with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the school, alumni, other constituents and the public
- Strong writing, planning, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently, and meet deadlines
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar constituent database
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Graduate of the Jewish day school system an asset
- Knowledge of Toronto’s Jewish community an asset
Please note that applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis until the post has been filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with “Senior Alumni Relations Officer” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SUPPLY EDUCATORS – CONTRACT POSITIONS
The Anne and Max Tanenbaum Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto (TanenbaumCHAT) is a community Jewish high school.
We are seeking reliable, experienced Supply Educators to fill occasional absences, able to work with students in grades 9 through 11. Position begins immediately.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A degree in education preferred
- Effective classroom management skills
- Respectful of school values
- A professional, responsible and collaborative attitude
- Previous experience working with children/adolescents or in an educational setting
- Require a current vulnerable sector police record check
Salary is a flat rate of $200/day (8am - 1pm).
Anne & Max Tanenbaum Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto
200 Wilmington Avenue
Toronto, ON, M3H 5J8
Visit our website for more information on our program tanenbaumchat.org
To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.