Tuition & Fees
Tuition & Fees
The Anne & Max Tanenbaum Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto (TanenbaumCHAT) and UJA Federation of Greater Toronto are excited to announce a total of $15 million in gifts – from two exceptionally generous donors – that will help ensure the affordability of TanenbaumCHAT and enhance the future of Jewish education in the GTA for the next generation.
The donations, comprised of a $10 million Jesin-Neuberger Foundation Gift; and a $5 million gift from an anonymous donor (of which $1 million has been earmarked to strengthen Jewish education in York Region); together with additional fundraising, will result in a dramatic reduction in tuition from nearly $28,000 to $18,500 beginning in the 2017-18 school year and will maintain tuition under $19,000 for each of the next five years. This tuition reduction plan is an audacious step forward in realizing UJA’s strategic plan for day school affordability, and is a joint initiative of TanenbaumCHAT and UJA Federation of Greater Toronto.
Tuition & Other Fees:
- Tuition for the 2017-18 school year is $18,500.
- Please do not allow financial circumstances to prevent you from applying to our school. Tuition packages are sent to families of accepted students and also Financial Assistance forms.
- A portion of the full fee qualifies for a charitable donation receipt.
- We are the community school and we welcome families from a wide spectrum of economic backgrounds. The Tuition Assistance program, substantially supported by the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, is completely confidential. The program is administered within the UJA Federation guidelines.
- When determining fair subsidies, we take into account a family’s total financial profiles, and, where applicable, tuition assistance history from other Jewish day schools. If a family needs tuition assistance at more than one school, a shared “Family Tuition Fee” is determined. Every parent automatically receives Tuition Assistance Forms.
- For further information regarding the Tuition Assistance, please contact the Tuition Office at 416-636-5984 x 234.
- Families may be eligible for assistance for many costs in addition to tuition. No student should be prevented from participating in any school activity for financial reasons.
- Mandatory charges for materials and activities that are part of the curriculum may add up to $500 (in Grade 9). Textbooks – new or used – typically cost $300-$700 annually. Other charges depend on course and extracurricular choices.
- TanenbaumCHAT offers a school bus option. For families living North of Finch Avenue, contact Zoe Shuman for details at 905-787-8772 x 2303. For families living South of Sheppard Avenue, contact Riva Zagov at 416-636-5984 x 288.