Thank you for your interest in working with us!
Employment Opportunities will be posted here as they become available.
TanenbaumCHAT welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Summary of the Role
TanenbaumCHAT seeks a talented, energetic person who will increase involvement and engagement of our alumni and increase the number of alumni leadership donors at TanenbaumCHAT. The Alumni Relations Officer, reporting to the Director of Advancement, will be responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni to provide tangible benefits to both the alumni and current students of TanenbaumCHAT. With each graduating class, the TanenbaumCHAT alumni community continues to grow in strength and numbers, now boasting more than 8,000 alumni. They are central and active participants in every area of Toronto's Jewish Community and abroad.
Our areas for strategic growth:
- Build and grow a pipeline of alumni donors
- Event planning to encourage more reunions and other networking opportunities
- Increasing communication in order to foster strong relationships
- Re-launch the Alumni Mentorship Program
- Design and implement new programs for increasing alumni engagement with TanenbaumCHAT
- Create and/or contribute to publications for alumni including: CHATTER Magazine, Alumni e-newsletter and e-blasts and webpage updates
- Develop & manage a portfolio of leadership alumni donors and prospects and their experience with the school; oversee their stewardship; solicit their annual gifts and visit when appropriate.
- Execute Alumni programming including Reunions and the Mentorship Program
- Updating and maintaining Alumni records on Raisers Edge
- Support faculty by contributing alumni participation in ongoing school programming
- Introduce graduating TanenbaumCHAT students to TanenbaumCHAT’s Alumni Association
- Experience in alumni relations and external affairs with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the school, alumni, other constituents and the public
- Strong writing, planning and organizational skills
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, and in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Extensive experience with Raiser's Edge or a similar constituent database
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Graduate of the Jewish day school system an asset
TanenbaumCHAT is currently seeking dynamic and passionate educators
The Anne and Max Tanenbaum Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto (TanenbaumCHAT) provides a comprehensive, premiere Jewish experience. Our graduates emerge with knowledge and courage to impact the world around them.
- Judaic Studies:
- General Studies:
All positions begin September 4th, 2018
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- OCT Certification, or equivalent
- Commitment to the TanenbaumCHAT ethos
- A demonstrated passion for working with teenagers in an exciting and vibrant school community
- Candidates for the Judaic Studies positions should be fluent in Ivrit and English
Anne & Max Tanenbaum Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto
200 Wilmington Avenue
Toronto, ON, M3H 5J8
View Google Map
Visit our website for more information on our program tanenbaumchat.org
To apply for any of these positions, please submit resume and cover letter indicating the subject(s) for which you are specifically applying to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.