How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in TanenbaumCHAT.
Entry to TanenbaumCHAT for the 2017/18 Academic Year
If you are considering entry to TanenbaumCHAT for the 2017/18 academic year, please contact the Admissions Department at 416-636-5984 x 292 or email@example.com.
Our 2017/18 online application form is available now.
View our Admissions Guide for more information.
In order to enable you to quickly scan your documents and attach multiple pages as JPEG or PDF formats, we suggest you may want to download the free phone / smart device app Genius Scan.
In order to properly assess every student application, various documentation must be uploaded with your application:
- A recent passport-sized photo (jpg or pdf format)
- A copy of the student’s final Grade 7 report card
- If a Grade 8 report card is not yet available, please submit a copy of the student’s Grade 8 progress report. When the Grade 8 report card is available, please send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a student has ever attended a Jewish Day school, last report card from that school
- Proof of student’s Canadian citizenship (copy of birth certificate, passport or visa)
- Proof of family address – for families new to the school (ie. copy of utility bill, driver’s license, lease, etc.)
- Child custody documentation, where applicable
- Other medical or educational documentation
- Where applicable, a current (not more than three years old) Psycho-Educational Assessment or other formal assessments, and/or IEP (Individual Education Plan) must be uploaded with the application. Failure to disclose this may result in your child being placed in an unsuitable program or in the school being unable to exercise its duty of care for your child.
- Please do not allow financial circumstances to prevent you from applying to our school.
- With your online application, a non-refundable application fee of $200 is required. (If your application is received after December 1st, a $200 late fee will apply). Application Fees cannot be credited towards any school tuition fees or charges.
- With your online application, a tuition deposit of $500 is required. If you have questions about the tuition deposit, please contact the Tuition Office at 416-636-5984 x 234. This fee is only refundable if the school is notified by March 10, 2017 that the student will not be accepting the Offer of Acceptance or if the student is not accepted. This fee is applied towards tuition.
- A confirmation deposit of $800 is required when you return your Offer of Acceptance. This fee is applied towards tuition.
- A portion of the full fee qualifies for a charitable donation receipt.
Students registered at TanenbaumCHAT who decide to withdraw their application for any reason are subject to the following non-refundable charges, effective according to the date that notice of withdrawal in writing is received by the school.
|Date of Withdrawal||Non-Refundable Charges|
|After submission of application and prior to Offer of Acceptance||Application fee of $200*|
|After 14 days of TanenbaumCHAT emailing the Offer of Acceptance letter||Application fee of $200* and Tuition deposit of $500|
|Once TanenbaumCHAT is in receipt of the signed Offer of Acceptance letter up until August 2nd.||Application fee of $200* and Tuition deposit of $500 and Confirmation deposit of $800|
|From August 2nd to September 30th||Application fee of $200*and Tuition deposit of $500 and Confirmation deposit of $800. Plus September and October fees in full* and course and materials fee|
|After September 30th||Application fee of $200* and Tuition deposit of $500 and Confirmation deposit of $800 and the entire year’s tuition fee and course and materials fee|
|*Plus late fees|